In recent weeks I have had an influx of emails and posts on my social media streams about, “the 5,3,6,or even 10 things successful people do / don’t do.” Many of them are clearly written by people who don’t really understand what success means. So here are my Top 5 for you:
The Top 5 things successful people DON’T do…
- They don’t write down the top 5 things they do to be successful. It’s not the number of things you do, it’s the manner in which you do them.
- They don’t post what successful people do on Facebook, as they don’t assume ‘success’ means the same thing for everyone.
- They don’t always have a balanced life where they eat well, run marathons, have time for family, and meditate. ‘Balance’ is a consciousness, not a line item on a list.
- They don’t always rise early and turn in early for a good night’s sleep. They do what needs to be done, when it needs to be done, until they are done.
- And they don’t manage their success via a list of habits. They are habitual by nature, they simply live by successful habits.
The Top 5 things successful people DO…
- They are driven.
- They are relentless.
- They are resilient.
- They are focused on their future, and that of their families.
- They are PERSONALLY accountable for their vision and the execution of the strategy to achieve that vision.